Human Studies Resource Bank
Learning materials for global citizens inspired by Humanist Values
This site is in the early stages of its evolution.
Please help us find more content and links.
Click pictures to navigate…
Where to find..
by the Ten Humanist Commitments
Teaching ideas and learning activities that promote enquiry
Useful websites on Humanism and Human Issues
Empowering young people to create a better world
These were expressed in
The Code for Global Ethics: Ten Humanist Principles
by Rodrique Tremblay as:
- Dignity: Proclaim the natural dignity and inherent worth of all human beings.
- Respect: Respect the life and property of others.
- Tolerance: Be tolerant of other’s beliefs and lifestyles.
- Sharing: Share with those who are less fortunate and assist those who are in need of help.
- No domination: Do not dominate through lies or otherwise.
- No superstition: Rely on reason, logic and science to understand the universe and to solve life’s problems.
- Conservation: Conserve and improve the Earth’s natural environment.
- No war: Resolve differences and conflicts without resorting to war or violence.
- Democracy: Rely on political and economic democracy to organise human affairs.
- Education: Develop one’s intelligence and talents through education and effort.
“Love the range”
“Fantastic ideas in one place”